This was a super easy meal to make: 7 ingredients, 7 steps, and takes less than 20 minutes to make. It’s also a very light dish, so anyone watching what they eat shouldn’t fear eating this pasta dish.
- 1/2 lb Spaghetti, Whole Wheat
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 4 T Olive Oil
- 5 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes (2 cups)
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 6 large Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
*I sprinkled a little crumbled goat cheese to mine before eating. I like dthe creaminess the goat cheese added.
- Cook pasta for 11 minutes and drain; Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water
- Cut the chicken breast into small bite size pieces and season with dried basil (also S&P, if desired)
- In a pan, cook chicken on high heat until throughly cooked; Set aside
- In the same pan add the olive oil and sauté the garlic for 1-2 minutes
- Add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Mix in the cooked spaghetti; Stir in the reserve cup of pasta water if needed (**I needed to!)
- Before serving, stir in the fresh basil