Tonight was an early dinner night. Linner, you can call it! And it was delicious. Adapted from a Pioneer Woman recipe comes a light pasta paired with grilled chicken.
- 6 Lemons
- Olive Oil
- Coarse Brown Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 pound Penne Pasta
- 1/4 stick of Unsalted Butter
- 6 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Half and Half
- 3/4 cup Romano Cheese, grated
- 10 Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- Combine the juice of 4 lemons, olive oil, mustard, honey, and S&P to make a marinade for the chicken. I just eyeballed the measurements. You want enough to cover the chicken. Marinate in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- Grill chicken on a cast iron grilling pan, about 11-12 minutes, slice and set aside
- Cook Penne pasta according to box directions (about 11 minutes), drain
- In the same sauce pan, melt butter on medium heat
- Add lemon juice, heavy cream, half & half, and S&P; whisk until it is heated through
- Whisk in the Romano cheese
- Add pasta back to the pot and mix together until coated with mixture
- Add half of your chopped basil to the pot and mix; Use the other half of the basil as garnish
- Add sliced chicken to your pasta and ENJOY
*Before step 9 I poured the pasta into a serving dish, as PW suggests. Then you can garnish the pasta with the remaining basil and sliced chicken.