We’re going out of town soon so I’m trying to eat what’s in the fridge and pantry. Tonight for dinner I whipped up something with the ingredients that I had and needed to get rid of. I came up with what I’ll call Spicy Sun-dried Tomato Penne. It was really delicious, simple to make, and I already can’t wait to have the left overs for lunch tomorrow. Anything other than a Lean Cuisine!
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pene Pasta
- 1 T Butter
- 1/2 cup Green Onion, chopped
- 1 T Blackening Season*
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/8 cup Sun-dried Tomatoes, packed in oil, julienned**
- Cook pasta according to box directions and drain
- In a saucepan, melt butter
- Add green onions and seasoning; stir and cook on medium until green onions begin to wilt
- Add heavy cream and sun-dried tomatoes; bring to a boil and boil for 3-5 minutes. This will thicken the sauce
- Combine the sauce and penne and stir until the sauce is coating the penne
*Tip: This makes the dish have it’s nice kick of spice. If you’re not into really spicy food, try a 1/2 Tablespoon first. Taste your sauce and add the other half if needed.
**Tip: It’s best to use the sun-dried tomatoes that come packed in oil because they are tender. Use a fork to get the tomatoes from the jar to reduce the amount of oil that you add to the sauce. You more or less want to have the oil drained before adding them to the pan.
For all you Pinners out there. I have a new board where I am putting all of my recipes. You can find the board HERE. The pins link back to Tied Up With String.