Simple. Angel hair takes 4 minutes to boil. 4 MINUTES! The herbs, garlic, and tomatoes will take about the same. This meal can be ready in 4 MINUTES! While you’re waiting for the water to boil, you can prep your other ingredients. Then add your pasta to the water and ingredients to a separate pan, and in 4 minutes you’ll have dinner.
- 1/3 -1/2 pound angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 9 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- S&P to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to the box, about 4 minutes, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water before draining
- Heat up olive oil in a sautee pan on medium heat.
- Add minced garlic to olive oil and cook for about 30 seconds
- Add tomatoes, basil, parsley, thyme, oregano, S&P, and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir occasionally for 3-4 minutes. **You want the tomatoes to get soft, but not break apart.
- In a serving bowl, combine drained pasta, reserved pasta water, tomatoes and herbs mixture, and cheese. Toss together.
- Serve immediately with basil and parmesan as garnish.